Watching the 2020 election

By Maia Irvin 

Before the election, I primarily got my news from newspapers like The New York Times and The Washington Post. During and after the first night of the election, I continued looking at their live updates, especially from The New York Times because its online platform has several tracking graphics for readers. 

I also consumed a lot of live broadcast coverage from different national news networks, but I did spend more time watching ABC News compared to other networks. 

I think that overall all of these news outlets have done a good job reporting results so far. The Times has constant updates on the projected election results of every state. The Times has also reported specific updates from key battleground states that are still counting their votes. 

ABC News has also done a good job staying updated on projections and updates from swing states. So far, the news network has reported on several news conferences from different swing states to give updates on the counting of those states' ballots. 

One issue that I did notice, however, with ABC News occurred during the middle of the first election night. I noticed that there did seem to be more opinions circulating between the anchors and correspondents, which could have influenced how they presented their results. 

However, I don't think that this had too much of an impact because ABC News' results have aligned with the results of other news organizations. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Misrepresenting Africa...Again

President Trump expected to withdraw troops from Africa and the Middle East

Back to school