Preparation

By Maia Irvin  

Preparation for any type of report is important, but it's key for reports on debates. A reporter needs to be knowledgeable of the topics scheduled to be discussed and of the general behaviors of the participants. 

For the presidential debate this Thursday, I would start my preparation by looking up what topics the debate commission announced. After I found out what topics are scheduled to be discussed, I would conduct research on all six of the topics. 

Once I knew the content scheduled to be discussed, I would research each candidate's stance on each topic. This would allow me to prepare for answers that I would expect each candidate to provide to questions. 

After that, I would note everything that I know about the personalities and behaviors that the candidates typically exhibit. This way, if something unexpected happens or is said, I will not be surprised. 

During the debate, I would plan to record the audio on my phone, take notes on my laptop and mark timestamps of when someone says something that is notable. I would also try to continuously check Twitter for updates from other news networks and to see how the public is reacting to the debate. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Misrepresenting Africa...Again

President Trump expected to withdraw troops from Africa and the Middle East

Back to school